Essential oils offer a myriad of health benefits, especially for skin health, as they rejuvenate the skin and slow down the aging process.
Being completely natural, some essential oils can be used on a daily basis to fight to age in the form of an anti-aging serum. These are the 4 most powerful ones you can use:
- This oil has powerful hydrating properties, and it is full of beneficial ingredients, such as silicon, vitamin E, vitamin B complex, zinc, chromium, and copper.
- It is also very high in iodine, so it can help you correct iodine deficiency. Our skin has sebaceous glands which release sebum, an oily or waxy matter, similar to this oil. Over the years, these glands start to secrete less sebum, and the hair and skin become dry.
- Therefore, jojoba oil might replace the role of sebum and hydrate the skin naturally. At the same time, it eliminates excess oil from the skin, and thus treats acne and eczema.
- Jojoba oil is a strong emollient and it protects against irritations, scaly and rough patches, and moisturizes the skin.
- Dry skin is a result of the dehydration of the upper skin layer, so this essential oil will create an oily layer on the top of the skin. You can apply it everywhere on the body, on the feet, neck, face, hair, and hands.
- Furthermore, it is noncomedogenic, so it does not clog the pores. The iodine destroys harmful bacteria and the oil will soothe the wrinkles and lines, and slow down aging.
- It will also speed up the healing of wounds, by stimulating collagen synthesis and accelerating the wound closures, as confirmed by a study done at the Department of Environment and Life Sciences in Italy.
- One 2012 German study analyzed jojoba oil’s ability to reduce skin lesions and improve overall skin condition involved 194 participants who applied facial clay masks with jojoba oil 2-3 times weekly. After only 6 weeks, the skin lesions were greatly reduced in 54 percent of the participants.
Pomegranate Seed Oil
- This oil has been commonly used throughout the history and is one of the healing Bible foods.
- It reverses aging, protects against skin damage due to the bioflavonoids it contains, and it can be used as a sunscreen as it has a natural SPF.
- This is the most powerful essential oil to use in order to heal cuts, burns, and skin conditions, as it enhances the cellular communication within your skin.
- It assists the production of three of the most potent antioxidants, which fight free radical damage, catalase, glutathione, and superoxide dismutase.
- Free radicals weaken the immune system and lead to extreme damage to the body.
- If you mix it with Aloe Vera or coconut oil, you will get a beneficial remedy for minor cuts, scrapes, and dry skin.
- This essential oil evens out the skin tone reduces the appearance of sunspots, age spots, and wrinkles, and protects the skin cells.
- It also treats large pores and blemishes and can be used in saggy areas like the jowls, under the eyes, and on the abdomen.
- This beneficial oil boosts the elasticity of the skin, improves the tone, strengthens the skin, and fights bacteria.
- It also treats acne and scars and lifts the skin, surgery scars, stretch marks, and cracked and dry skin.
Best Anti-Aging Serum Recipe
- This homemade anti-aging serum contains completely natural, anti-aging essential oils which will hydrate the skin and protect it.
- Moreover, it will provide phytonutrients that improve cellular communication and skin healing.
- In a small glass vial in a dropper form, add jojoba oil, and then add vitamin E.
- This vitamin contains fat-soluble antioxidants that supply the needed nutrients for the skin and decelerate aging.
- Next, add pomegranate seed oil, frankincense, and lavender essential oils. Mix well.
- Then, transfer the mixture into a serum jar and apply 5-6 drops of it on the skin every night before going to bed.
- You can repeat the procedure in the morning as well.
- After a short time, you will notice significant improvements. The skin will be hydrated, protected, rejuvenated, and smooth.