Have you ever tried oil pulling? This is the act of swishing oil in the mouth for 20 minutes. This practice has been used by numerous cultures in the past. A great number of studies confirmed the effectiveness of oil pulling. In fact, oil pulling can reduce plaque and gingivitis. It detoxifies the mouth and eliminates the harmful bacteria and germs.
Health Benefits of Oil Pulling:
- Improves asthma symptoms
- Whitens teeth
- Clears skin
- Detoxifies the mouth (and body as a whole)
- Reduces headaches
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
- During the past few years, coconut oil has become so popular. This oil is one of the most versatile oils ever. It offers plenty of uses and health benefits. You can use it for oil pulling, skincare, salad dressings, and in the treatment of inflammation.
- In the oil pulling recipe below, coconut oil is the main ingredients. This oil has potent antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties and can treat gingivitis and plaque.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- This golden spice has been used in Chinese and Indian culture for both cooking and medicinal purposes. Turmeric is known for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It is particularly beneficial in the case of depression, blood sugar, and cancer. The effectiveness of turmeric is due to its active compound curcumin.
- According to many studies, curcumin can provide the same results as aspirin and ibuprofen without the side effects. Turmeric can also significantly whiten your teeth and give you the Hollywood smile that you have always wanted! There are countless uses of this super-healthy spice, so find more ways to include turmeric in your daily life!
- You can do this oil pulling on a daily basis.
Coconut Oil Pulling Chews Recipe
- 1/3 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- ¼ – 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Any essential oils—peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, clove (optional)
- In the melted coconut oil, add the turmeric and the essential oils and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and place it in the fridge to solidify.
- You should take 1-3 chews in your mouth.
- Make sure to gently swish the dissolved chews in your mouth for 20 minutes.
- Spit oil and rinse your mouth then brush and floss as regular.